Thoughts

Breast Cancer has invaded my body, but it need not invade my spirit. There may be scars on my chest, but there need not be scars on my heart. . . . . . Judy Kneece

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

On our way:(

Well, we went to the Oncologist yesterday and now have a game plan. I start Chemo next week. Will hit it hard every 3 weeks for 6 cycles and then continue with easier dose of Chemo for the duration of treatment that will last for a total of 1 year. So, here we go. I have a lot to do this week, blood work, heart and PET scan and on top of that we have to drive to Dallas Thursday night for a early Friday morning appointment to remove some fluid from my LapBand.

One of the awful side effects of Chemo is that I'm gonna gain weight & retain fluid. Ohhh I've worked so hard getting this weight off. But must put it off for a year while I'm on Chemo - Life first then weight.

Please pray that I will tolerate the Chemo fairly well. I know that is an oxymoron. But, one can pray for God to relieve the side effects. That's what I'm praying anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment